Speakers on for 50's Rock Medley
I know some of you are
not old enough to remember, but this email below was
put together in a great way, hope you enjoy it.
The following were some comments made in the year 1957:
(1) "I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the
way they are, its going to be impossible to buy a weeks
groceries for $20.00."
(2) "Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It
won't be long when $5,000 will only buy a used one."
cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A
quarter a pack is ridiculous."
(4) "Did you hear the post office is thinking about
charging a dime just to mail a letter?"
(5) "If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will
be able to hire outside help at the store."
(6) "When I first started
driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost
29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the
car in the garage,"
(7) "Kids today are impossible. Those ducktail hair cuts
impossible to stay
groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their
hair as long as the girls
(8) "I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more.
Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying damn
in "Gone With The Wind", it
seems every new movie has either hell or
(9) "I read the other day where some scientist thinks
it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the
century. They even have some fellows they call
astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."
(10) "Did you see where some baseball player just signed
a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It
wouldn't surprise me if someday that they will be making
more than the President."
(11) "I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen
appliances would be electric. They are even making
electric typewriters now"
12) "It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see
where a few married women are having to work to make
(13) "It won't be long before young couples are going to
have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can
"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the
door to a whole lot of foreign business."
(16) "Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when
the Government takes half our income in taxes.. I
sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to
(17) "The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice
weather, but I
seriously doubt they will
ever catch on."
18) "I guess taking a
vacation is out of the question now days. It costs
nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel"
(19) "No one can afford to be sick any more, $35.00 a
day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."